1 chicken cut into pieces
· 2 heaped tsps jeera (cumin)
· 4 red dried chillies (or chilli powder)
· 6 cloves garlic (or a tbsp garlic powder)
· 1 1/2 inch ginger (or a tbsp ginger powder)
· 1/4 tsp tumeric powder
· 1 tsp paprika powder
the above spices into a paste.
2 tbsps cooking oil (add more if require)
· 11/2 tbsps vinegar
· 1 tsp sugar
· Salt to taste
· 2 large onions, sliced
· Shoe string French fries (frozen packet) or potatoes, sliced
into thin strings
· (Hickory sticks - ready-to-eat potato snacks - are an excellent
Fry sliced onions to golden brown and set aside.
- If using French fries, cook according to the instructions on
the package, or
deep-fry string-cut potatoes in oil. Set aside.
- Fry the above spices in the same oil as used for the onions and
adding more oil if needed.. Add chicken and fry well. Add salt, sugar
vinegar and cook till chicken is soft, adding water a little at a time.
be thick. If using a pressure cooker, set this for two minutes, remove
and allow to cool slowly.
- Garnish with fried onions and string fried potatoes (or hickory sticks)